BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 23 August 2012

Switched At Birth

Imagine that you are a parent and after your child is 16 years old, you are being bombarded with information that your child has been switched at birth. How drastic is this!!!! Put yourself in the shoes of parents who may have gone through this situation? How would you react? What would you have done? Is this even possible?


If I was the father in this situation, the first thing I would do is blame myself for not realizing that the child does not have my identity. As time passed by, I should have realized that she does not look like me and chances are she is not my child. Then, I would sue the hospital. They are the ones who made this mistake and they are the ones who need to take account of it. Although 16 years is a rather long time I would be attacked with words or questions such as 'Didn't you see that this child wasn't looking like you? Didn't you have a connection with your child? How did you do it all these years'. I would still sue the hospital for their error.

Afterwards, I would claim my rightful child not neglecting the one whom I raised, but I would want to get to know and act as a father to my own child. So I don't think that I would demand that my rightful child stay with me from the time of acknowledgement. She/he will be an adult soon and there is a probability that they would get married soon. So it isn't really a matter of, let's say, claim the child and raise the child again. Trust me, by that time, the child would have adopted the ways of whoever raised him/her.

This would be a very painful situation! God would have had to give me the grace to deal with this.

What do you think???



To watch switched at birth click here.

2 comments:

Sanchy said...

Give me a Holy break!!!!!!First of all....The parents should have known from the time they leaving the hospital the child is not theirs...Especially the mother....There should be a bond as soon as the baby is born....So they did not look at there baby after he/she was conceived (and don't tell me all newborn babies look the same..Hell to the no...my baby for sure will not look like yours) so it's obvious you will know if your baby was switched....

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I finished up here, however I believed this put up was great.
I don't understand who you might be however
definitely you're going to a well-known blogger in the event you
aren't already. Cheers!

My page - liability insurance Anaconda Montana